Odoo • Image and Text

Health Cover 


Australia has a special system of health cover for International students which is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). You will need to buy OSHC before you come to Australia to cover you from when you arrive. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship requires you to maintain OSHC for the duration of your time on a student visa in Australia.

You might find that your institution has an agreement with a specific OSHC provider. You can choose to take out OSHC with this provider, or with the Australian OSHC provider of your choice. Visafast can assist you in obtaining the right OHSC membership through our partner provider, contact us for more further details.

We have the following partner providers of OSHC in Australia. Visit these websites to find detailed information on what they cover and to decide which provider is right for you.

  • BUPA

  • Allianz Global Assistance (Worldcare)

  • NIB

  • IMAN


  • AHM

Your OSHC will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying in Australia and it will contribute towards the cost of most prescription medicines, and an ambulance in an emergency.