Visitor Visa



There are different types of streams in Visitor Visa

  1. Tourist Stream

  2. Sponsored Family Stream

  3. Business Visitor Stream

  4. Approved Destination Stream (China tour group only)

  5. Frequent Travel Stream (China Business people only)


You must provide evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to cover your costs during your stay in Australia. The level of funds that you require will depend upon the length of your proposed stay; your living arrangements whilst you are in Australia (e.g. whether you are paying for your accommodation, or you are staying with family or friends); and the activities that you are planning to undertake in Australia.

  • Acceptable evidence of your funds includes:

  • personal bank statements (or passbooks)

  • letter from a bank or other financial institution regarding your financial position and/or your access to the funds of another person (e.g. spouse, parent)

  • recent payslips

  • audited financial accounts (if you are self-employed)

  • taxation records

  • credit card limit/available funds

NOTE: If your trip is being paid for by the friend or relative whom you are visiting in Australia, this should be confirmed by the friend/relative in writing. You must also provide evidence that this person has sufficient funds to cover your costs during your stay.


How do I show that I have an incentive to return to my home country following my visit?

You must demonstrate that you genuinely intend to visit Australia on a temporary basis only and that you have an incentive to return to your home country.

Evidence that you have an incentive to return to your home country could include:

  • ongoing employment (e.g. a letter from your employer confirming that you have been granted leave for your trip; employment contract; payslips)

  • enrollment in a school, college or university

  • presence of close family members in your home country (e.g. spouse/de facto partner, parents, siblings

  • ownership of property or other significant assets (e.g. certificate of title; deed of ownership)

  • business ownership (if self-employed)

Do I need to have a health examination?

The Immigration department requires visa applicants from certain countries to undergo a chest x-ray (and, in some instances, a medical examination). We will advise you if you are required to have any health examinations based on the department’s current criteria.

If you are required to have a health examination, we can provide advice on how and when to organise this examination. We can also assist you with completing the necessary administrative steps prior to your examination.


We recommend you take out health insurance to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might need in Australia. You are personally liable for all your healthcare costs while you are in Australia. Insurance can help limit your financial liability. Health insurance is not compulsory however in some case Immigration can request. For example 12 months or longer parent visitor visa.


Form 1229  or Form 1257 might be required. Please contact us.